How to remove System Progressive Protection virus
How to remove System Progressive Protection virus
In addition,this malicious program is also causing browser redirects,system slowdowns and has hijacked your PC functions to block certain programs from running (eg: Task Manager,Registry Editor,Run command etc.).
We strongly advise you to follow our System Progressive Protection removal guide and ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate.
Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft,and if you have, you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration codes for System Progressive Protection
As an optional step,you can use the following license key to register System Progressive Protection and stop the fake alerts.
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove System Progressive Protection from your computer , instead it will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
How to remove System Progressive Protection (Removal Instructions)
STEP 1 : Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.Please keep in mind that you need to press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
Note: With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
STEP 2: Remove System Progressive Protection malicious proxy server
System Progressive Protection may add a proxy server which prevents the user from accessing the internet,follow the below instructions to remove the proxy.
- Start the Internet Explorer browser and if you are using Internet Explorer 9 ,click on the gear icon (Tools for Internet Explorer 8 users) ,then select Internet Options.
- Go to the tab Connections.At the bottom, click on LAN settings.
- Uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN. This should remove the malicious proxy server and allow you to use the internet again.
STEP 3: Repair your Windows Registry from Smart Fortress 2012 malicious changes.
Smart Fortress 2012 has changed your Windows registry settings so that when you try to run a executable file (ending with .exe ) , it will instead launch the infection rather than the desired program.
- Download the registryfix.reg file to fix the malicious registry changes from System Progressive Protection.
REGISTRYFIX.REG DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download the registry fix called registryfix.reg)
- Double-click on registryfix.reg file to run it. Click "Yes" for Registry Editor prompt window,then click OK.
STEP 4: Run RKill to terminate known malware processes associated with System Progressive Protection.
RKill is a program that will attempt to terminate all malicious processes associated with System Progressive Protection,so that we will be able to perform the next step without being interrupted by this malicious software.
Because this utility will only stop System Progressive Protection running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again.
- While your computer is in Safe Mode with Networking ,please download the latest official version of RKill.Please note that we will use a renamed version of RKILL so that System Progressive Protection won’t block this utility from running.
RKILL DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download RKILL renamed as iExplore.exe)
- Double-click on the iExplore.exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with System Progressive Protection.
- RKill will now start working in the background, please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and tries to terminate them.
IF you are having problems starting or running RKill, you can download any other renamed versions of RKill from here.
- When Rkill has completed its task, it will generate a log. You can then proceed with the rest of the guide.
STEP 5: Remove System Progressive Protection malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
- Download the latest official version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- Start the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installation process by double clicking on mbam-setup file.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If Malwarebytes' prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start and you'll be prompted to start a trial period , please select 'Decline' as we just want to use the on-demand scanner.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform full scan and then click on the Scanbutton to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for System Progressive Protection malicious files as shown below.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selectedbutton.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start removing the malicious files.After completing this task it will display a message stating that it needs to reboot,please allow this request and then let your PC boot in Normal mode.
STEP 6: Double check your system for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- This step can be performed in Normal Mode ,so please download the latest official version of HitmanPro.
http://www.surfright.com/downloads" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" style="color:rgb(2, 108, 177)">HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double click on the previously downloaded fileto start the HitmanPro installation.
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to starting HitmanPro, you can use the "Force Breach" mode.To start this program in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode - Video)
- Click on Next to install HitmanPro on your system.
- The setup screen is displayed, from which you can decide whether you wish to install HitmanPro on your machine or just perform a one-time scan, select a option then click on Next to start a system scan.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your system for malicious files. Depending on the the size of your hard drive, and the performance of your computer, this step will take several minutes.
- Once the scan is complete,a screen displaying all the malicious files that the program found will be shown as seen in the image below.After reviewing each malicious object click Next.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove the malicious files.
- HitmanPro will now start removing the infected objects, and in some instances, may suggest a reboot in order to completely remove the malware from your system. In this scenario, always confirm the reboot action to be on the safe side.
STEP 7: Remove any left over malicious registry keys and files
System Progressive Protection has sadded some malicious registry keys to your Windows installation , to remove this malicious changes we need to run a scan with RogueKiller
- Please download the latest official version of RogueKiller.
ROGUEKILLER DOWNLOAD LINK(This link will automatically download RogueKiller on your computer)
- Double click on RogueKiller.exe to start this utility and then wait for the Prescan to complete.This should take only a few seconds and then you can click the Start button to perform a system scan.
- After the scan has completed, press the Delete button to remove any malicious registry keys.
- Next we will need to restore your shortcuts, so click on the ShortcutsFix button and allow the program to run.
Info daripada : http://malwaretips.com